According to the NWS the last frost date.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........for Dothan, AL. (zone 8b) will be March 6th., this year, after checking their March temp forecast.. NOW, I have to decide if I can trust the NWS..........Got "the itch" REALLY bad.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........for Dothan, AL. (zone 8b) will be March 6th., this year, after checking their March temp forecast.. NOW, I have to decide if I can trust the NWS..........Got "the itch" REALLY bad.....
Don't believe it. And don't forget the soil temps @ 3" deep. Maybe we can plant by March 15 but don't bet on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Don't believe it. And don't forget the soil temps @ 3" deep. Maybe we can plant by March 15 but don't bet on it.
My soil probe isn't reporting for some reason, but in January it bottomed out in the mid 60s. Probably around that in February as well. My last freeze should be tonight and I'll be planting hopefully this weekend. Heck, I have a tomato and two jalapeno plants that have survived all winter. Yes, it's a risk, but the freezes tend to be short enough that damage is minimal and not fatal.

I HATE that Burpee won't ship to me until April. I could get another month out of my season. And I will plant locally available varieties this weekend, a few that I want to try are only available by seed or mail order plants so I'm stuck on Burpee timeline.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My soil probe isn't reporting for some reason, but in January it bottomed out in the mid 60s. Probably around that in February as well. My last freeze should be tonight and I'll be planting hopefully this weekend. Heck, I have a tomato and two jalapeno plants that have survived all winter. Yes, it's a risk, but the freezes tend to be short enough that damage is minimal and not fatal.

I HATE that Burpee won't ship to me until April. I could get another month out of my season. And I will plant locally available varieties this weekend, a few that I want to try are only available by seed or mail order plants so I'm stuck on Burpee timeline.
Burpee has seed displays at tractor supply stores here. Maybe they have some outlet down there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads