Accidentally burned plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently my strawberries and blueberries were getting attacked by bugs. I made a home made pesticide with vinegar and peppermint. I sprayed it on my peach tree first, and it got rid of the ants and did not damage the tree. Then I sprayed it on the berries. Unfortunately the leaves got burned - I think I sprayed it too late on the day.

How long will it take for the leaves to heal? Does anyone have a good DIY pesticide recipe?

Attachments

• 20220531_130154_HDR.jpg
    20220531_130154_HDR.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220531_130159_HDR_Signature.jpg
    20220531_130159_HDR_Signature.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Vinegar is a herbicide used to kill weeds, never used to kill bugs. Soapy water kills most bugs effectively. The sprayed leaves will probably fall off but it won't kill your plants.....................this time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vinegar is a herbicide used to kill weeds, never used to kill bugs. Soapy water kills most bugs effectively. The sprayed leaves will probably fall off but it won't kill your plants.....................this time.
Is it possible to reverse the burns, or will the plants simply have to regrow leaves?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use 1.5 tablespoons Dawn Ultra per gallon of water. You add the soap after the water and then shake it up not the other way around. It does not work on stink bugs, squash bugs, moth larvae (worms) and probably some other bugs I haven't tested it on. It does work on aphids, ants, beetles, bees, box elder bugs. It is a contact spray so you have to actually spray the bug with it.

Ask a Question