Reaction score
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't worry folks. All this article is is another doomsday prediction. It wouldn't surprise me to see it on the 6 o'clock news. The author of this "latest news" is nothing but a food writer and chef who talked to a couple of local farmers who gave her anecdotal "evidence". These "super bugs" aren't new. I have them every year at the end of brocolli cauliflower seson when the Harlequin bugs arrive. They are slightly beneficial. They don't hurt anything that isn't on its last legs anyway. But if you feel you absolutely must get rid of them spinosad does an excellent job.

Reaction score
Kale has become a really trendy vegetable and hipsters put it in everything. I'm sure that right now a bunch of heavily tattooed vegans wearing overpriced band t shirts in Portland are panicking about a kale shortage. I can't even go on Pinterest without seeing a ton of kale recipes.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck for assuring us that Kale is not in danger of disappearing from the face of the earth. This is one of those don't believe everything you read situations.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Shortage here, none of my seeds germinated

Reaction score
That would make me very sad. :( We started using kale a lot this past year, especially with all the incredible health benefits that go along with it. We use it in smoothies, omelets, salads you name it we use it! We all love the taste and most of the time I even hide it in many of my recipes so my youngest doesn't even know it's in there and won't complain.
It's funny though, I never thought about there ever being a shortage but in the last few weeks I have found it hard to actually find in the stores I shop at. There is one store that always carries it but the others are kind of hit or miss.
Good article by the way thanks for sharing it !
Danyel :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Suppose ought to give it another go before the cold weather comes, will make a point of it tomorrow :)

Ask a Question