A good day garbage picking

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a pretty good day picking garbage up from the curb. I found two chipper shredders and a huge roll of screen. The screen weighs 93 pounds and it will be perfect for a gazebo that I plan on building. I only took one of the chippers because that's all the room I had. It looks to be in excellent condition so I'll change the oil and plug and give it a try. I may have to take the carburetor apart and clean it but maybe I'll get lucky and it will start right up.

Attachments

• 100_2350.JPG
    100_2350.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_2351.JPG
    100_2351.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Country
United States
I drained the oil and found about a quart of gas mixed in. I also noticed that the gas valve was in the open position. So that leaves me with two possibilities. First, the gas drained because of the gas valve or second the float is sticking. I decided that before I started taking the carburetor apart I would replace the oil and see if I at least had spark. I put a little gas in and gave it a pull. To my surprise, it started on the first pull! I'll use it for a while and keep my eye on the oil/gas situation. All in all a pretty good day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Add about 3 onces of Marvel Mystery oil to a gallon of gasoline and run it thru the carb. will free up a sticky valve in seat in the carb.

I add the oil to the gasoline I run in my small engines and even the 2 strokes when I do a mix.

:D Al

Reaction score
Country
United States
Add about 3 onces of Marvel Mystery oil to a gallon of gasoline and run it thru the carb. will free up a sticky valve in seat in the carb.

I add the oil to the gasoline I run in my small engines and even the 2 strokes when I do a mix.

:D Al
Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Saddam wouldn't be happier! I bought a gas cap and have gone through a huge pile of brush. I just bought a new house that I'm working on and part of the yard was let go for years. In order to cut it down, I'm using a weed wacker with a hedge blade on it. Once I get the stuff down I have been putting it through the chipper. In no time at all, I'm left with a huge pile of "stuff" the only problem is that the softer stuff is harder to get into the chipper. The same place had a cultivator that you tow behind a 4 wheeler or garden tractor out at the curb. I looked at it but didn't know what I would use it for. After I realized I could use it for this spot it was gone. He who hesitates loses.

Ask a Question