Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I came across this picture when I was wandering through the net:

amazing-trees-7.jpg

It looks gorgeous!
According to the information I found, it's not a tree. It's a collection of large shrubs that are over 125 years old. I find it hard to believe. Is it possible for rhododendrons to grow this big?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Wow, it's beautiful! I didn't know that they can grow this big because our neighbor has this in her backyard. But it's kind of messy, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Scotkat - wow, those rhododendrons are really pretty! Thank you for posting this link.
Helagumamela - messy in what way? Are you talking about those fallen petals on the ground? In my opinion they look quite lovely. It's like pink snow:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They get huge and the older mature ones can actually look like trees. I saw a pretty red one at a house I was looking at recently and it was at least 15 feet tall. That is a lot of leaves to clean up...

Reaction score
Wow! That is one big plant.

It does seem like a pain to have to clean all that, though, as others have mentioned. If it was dirt you could let it be, but it's cement. I imagine it'd start smelling bad and attracting insects if left alone.

Ask a Question