A fungal disease?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello guys,
I've recently noticed new, white growth on my Monstera deliciosa. Is it a fungal disease? And, if so, how to treat it?
I'd be grateful for any help.
1676731840291.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The pictures not clear enough for a definitive answer, but it looks more like mealybug than a fungus. Also, more likely. Use a systemic insecticide in the soil or wipe them off with a damp paper towel.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's possible that the white growth on your Monstera deliciosa is a fungal disease, but it's also possible that it's just natural new growth. Monstera deliciosa produces new leaves that start out small and white, and gradually grow larger and darker over time.

To be sure, you can inspect the white growth more closely. If it looks fuzzy or powdery, it's likely a fungal disease. In that case, you can try treating it with a fungicide that's labeled for use on houseplants. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and take any necessary precautions, such as wearing gloves and keeping the product away from children and pets.

If the white growth appears to be normal new growth, there's no need to treat it. Simply continue caring for your Monstera deliciosa as you normally would, providing it with bright, indirect light, well-draining soil, and regular watering.

For more info check this resource
Facebook Page:
Youtube Channel Link:

Hello guys,
I've recently noticed new, white growth on my Monstera deliciosa. Is it a fungal disease? And, if so, how to treat it?
I'd be grateful for any help.
View attachment 94346

Ask a Question