A couple snap pea plants survived

Reaction score
My daughter's snap pea plants were hit bad by the weather. They were not real strong when all of the rains hit here hard and many of them broke off of the stakes and many got damaged. Surprisingly tho a couple did survive and she was so happy yesterday that she got to eat the first snap pea from her plants! We won't have enough for a meal as only a couple plants survived, but she is happy just that a couple peas are growing. They will be enough for her to snack on here and there :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm glad to hear it. I'm sure that your daughter is very happy, it's such a wonderful feeling to be able to eat something that you grew on your own. I'll never forget my first tomato:D

Reaction score
It is a really great feeling when you pick your first vegetable! Got me hooked, and experimenting with different plants in my garden. I now have 2 plots, 4x20 feet.

Reaction score
Yes she is so happy! She picked out the seeds a couple months ago and she planted them. It is funny tho because she loves to help in the garden but her sister isn't really thrilled about helping anymore.

She helped me with my pepper plants a couple years ago and ever since eating that first pepper we picked, she loves peppers. She does enjoy eating what she grows.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a great way to encourage children to eat vegetables and fruits... well, not only children, I'm an adult but I'm still extremely excited whenever I manage to grow something edible and I always find it the most delicious:D

Reaction score
It's a great way to encourage children to eat vegetables and fruits... well, not only children, I'm an adult but I'm still extremely excited whenever I manage to grow something edible and I always find it the most delicious:D

She is actually really good with eating vegetables (she eats all veggies almost) but a couple years ago she helped me grow peppers and that was when she really started to like peppers. It definitely does help kids to expand their tastes for the veggies.

Ask a Question