A bit wet

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is the river on a normal winter's day.

DSCN2539.JPG

And this is it this morning :eek:

DSCN2544.JPG

DSCN2462.JPG

Normal view from the caravan window.

DSCN2547.JPG

And at the moment, it's got worse since I turned up an hour ago, the river must have burst it's banks :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are having a big storm along the east coast which will probably follow the gulf stream to your back door. Have you got a boat?:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OOh those are some high flood waters. Keep dry Zigs! We have not had as much rain as we normally get during the winter months and so I think we have only had one flooding episode. The weather in the Pacific Northwest is very similar to the weather of the UK.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh crikey, hope you don't float away! :eek:

We had a big downpour this morning - they sky was almost black - but then it cleared and has been bright and sunny ever since.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
OMG, take care, this looks a bit scary (or is it that i'm not used to heavy rains), specially the big water stream down the street :S.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are expecting the big blizzard to start around noon today. I don't mind the snow just hope the power stays on, we have an all electric house which means we would be without heat. The amount snow that falls this weekend will add to any water tables that are all ready full.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I heard you're expecting 2 foot of snow @Pat :eek:

Bit wet down Broadchurch bay too
DSCN2560.JPG
DSCN2561.JPG
DSCN2562.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They are having a big storm along the east coast which will probably follow the gulf stream to your back door. Have you got a boat?:cool:

Got the Kayak next to the van just in case (y)

DSCN2550.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I'm definitely not looking forward to the repercussions of this blizzard. I personally hate the cold, and I don't like how much snow we're supposed to get. I might take some pics, just to show you guys what is going on out here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey, the ground looks very waterlogged! Hope it doesn't get any worse!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Caravan has sunk into the ground by about 2 inches, we'll be getting the end of the American storm by Tuesday, could do with a bit of rain :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I took photos, but they're fighting me with downloading on my computer right now. If I can get them later I'll upload. Where I am, we got about 3.5-4ft. It's luckily not icy, but there is just piles of snow EVERYWHERE. My car needs to be dug out :[ Otherwise, kept electric at least, and it's sunny today :]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It seems like where I live is the place to be right now. We are not getting hit with a ton of rain or snow. We do still have to get through February and early March though

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
More wind than rain with this storm, although I've got wet feet as the workshop flooded from behind where I was working and I didn't notice straight away :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
More wind than rain with this storm, although I've got wet feet as the workshop flooded from behind where I was working and I didn't notice straight away :rolleyes:

Oh no, doesn't sound good! Have you been doing more woodturning?

Ask a Question