Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
8 April 2019 Dinner
Posted on April 8, 2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/April 2019/8 April 2019 Dinner/HTML/ 8 April 2019 Dinner
Making simple dinner. Three slices of lentil tempeh fried in butter and garnished with a splash of soy sauce. One Yukon gold baked potato. A glass of home mixed juice pressure canned.
dsc_0006_std.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice but you ruined the meal mostly with the soy sauce. That is probably all you taste. You grew all dat from scratch? Good job

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
True. The lentils absorb whatever it is associated with when cooking. Usually I eat the tempeh as is without cooking or adulterating it in any way. I seldom use condiments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I do not understand tempeh or tofu. My wife actually likes tofu. I'd probably rather go hungry.

That said, I applaud your culinary ability and skills at preservation. I enjoy reading your posts. Just don't usually have anything helpful to add (just like this post... Totally unhelpful )

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks good! I've been wanting to try making tempeh for a while using my instant pot, but I've never had tempeh before and want to try it so know what it's suppose to look and taste like. Sadly I haven't seen it in the stores I shop regularly! Need to venture to my ethnic grocery stores I think... Did you get your tempeh starter online?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Tofu is tempeh with a lot of nutrients removed. I use to make it. Dead simple but nutrition wise it is a disaster. Tempeh is touted have all human proteins. Similar to NATTO but easier to make and more palatable. Gets one away from animal food to some degree.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, that's kinda spendy for me. I'll have to see if I can find a smaller quantity to start off. I did make natto successfully in the instant pot, except my soybeans were a little larger than regular natto but it tasted fine. I enjoy natto and tofu so I'm sure I'll enjoy tempeh. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
It is possible to make the tempeh starter. I did it for awhile but was not reliable. I bought four packages from Cultures for Life, but with shipping it was too expensive.

Ask a Question