5 October 2016 Dinner from Vegetable Powders

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/October 2016/15 October 2016 Dinner from Vegetable Powders/HTML/ 15 October 2016 Dinner from Vegetable Powders
A tablespoon of each of the vegetable powders previously dehydrated were placed in a bowl with one cup of water and microwaved for 3.33 minutes to make a thick soup. A spoonful of powdered parsley and celery was added but not microwaved. A tablespoon of horseradish was used to enhance flavor. The soup was ingested with piece of white toast, and a glass of mixed juice. Pictures show the process. It was a most complete and satisfying meal.
15%20october%202016%20dinner%20021_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Looks mighty healthy, too!

Love veggie soup in the colder months...such a good way of getting nutrients in a delicious way! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Looks mighty healthy, too!

Love veggie soup in the colder months...such a good way of getting nutrients in a delicious way! :)

At first look it appears to be an excellent method of preserving food. Actually there is a lot of dried packaged food in Japan in the supermarkets. At least I know what is in mine. The method of blending into a slurry then, drying simplifies the process considerably. The corn to prevent sticking to the pan makes the process practical.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
At first look it appears to be an excellent method of preserving food. Actually there is a lot of dried packaged food in Japan in the supermarkets. At least I know what is in mine. The method of blending into a slurry then, drying simplifies the process considerably. The corn to prevent sticking to the pan makes the process practical.

Yes we have a ton of different dried packaged food - you should see my earthquake survival stuff! :ROFLMAO: I have a bit of everything in there!

Ask a Question