Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
5 March 2018 Seed Starting
Posted on March 5, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/March 2018/5 March 2018 Seed Starting/HTML/5 March 2018 Seed Starting

Spring, time to start seeds. The containers are plastic cups with four holes around the bottom periphery to drain. A coffee filter placed inside to prevent soil from running out the drain holes. Soil was prepared and screened during the summer. The pots are placed in a container to facilitate bottom watering. Seeds are germinated on a wet paper towel. After germination they are placed in the pots. Economic and simple.
seeds%20004_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I cut up paper towel for the bottom. By the time the seedlings are ready to transplant, the paper towel has disintegrated. Cheaper and works just as well. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I cut up paper towel for the bottom. By the time the seedlings are ready to transplant, the paper towel has disintegrated. Cheaper and works just as well. :)

You be a legal pot grower. How about sharing your set-up with the world? Pictures no less.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
IMG_20170807_121526.jpg
Actually, I don't treat growing weed any different than growing tomatoes or whatever. Good plant management is what counts and of course good seed pedigree. I think I might have one picture somewhere... I'll try to find it and post it later :)
found one - outdoors is the best place to grow. There is virtually no odour when only a few plants are grown and a light breeze blows. Powdering mildew and spider mites don't care for airy locations either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Beautiful grow. Your processing is of interest also. Do you destroy the male plants?

Ask a Question