40 uses for apple cider vinegar

Reaction score
I think we have all heard about the wonders of apple cider vinegar lately, how some people claim in can help with weight loss and even to lower glucose in the blood (according to some studies). Here is a list of 40 additional uses.

1f83733243ad3e8d0caf2d0d686dd4a9.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Apple cider and its wonders !!! Vinegar is supposed to be good but unforotunately sour things do not agree with me. I wonder if it can be diluted and had so that the sourness disappears.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Have heard Apple cider vinegar is effective in lowering cholesterol but I'm not a believer. I've been married for over 40 years and have had a salad with almost every meal, a habit from my German mother-in-law....thinly sliced cabbage with chives or dill or parsley with olive oil and apple cider vinegar as a mainstay even with a roast...same dressing on tomato and green salads and I have high cholesterol. I know there are other contributing factors but when I first found out I was 38, slim and fit, ate well, didn't smoke (still don't) and had an occasional wine (now more often than occasional). Now I'm 63 and not so slim and not so fit but gardening and water aerobics keeps me active. I'll keep up with the apple cider vinegar just in case it helps plus I like it!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this chart! We use regular white vinegar for cleaning many of the household chores, and I get Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with "the mother" to drink or making meal with it. It is an amazing tenderizing on meat.

Reaction score
You are welcome ;) I will remember that, do you use the organic or non organic one? I have heard it can be also used on the hair, it helps to neutralize the pH of the scalp or something like that. I have heard it does wonders :) A friend of mine uses it and says his head feels so clean.

Reaction score
Have heard Apple cider vinegar is effective in lowering cholesterol but I'm not a believer. I've been married for over 40 years and have had a salad with almost every meal, a habit from my German mother-in-law....thinly sliced cabbage with chives or dill or parsley with olive oil and apple cider vinegar as a mainstay even with a roast...same dressing on tomato and green salads and I have high cholesterol. I know there are other contributing factors but when I first found out I was 38, slim and fit, ate well, didn't smoke (still don't) and had an occasional wine (now more often than occasional). Now I'm 63 and not so slim and not so fit but gardening and water aerobics keeps me active. I'll keep up with the apple cider vinegar just in case it helps plus I like it!!!!!

Might be genetic, I don't have the best diet and am not fit right now, yet, my cholesterol is low. I really thing it's about the genes, but then my genes screwed me in other areas, lol. As for the apple cider vinegar, according to some studies it does seem to helpv lower glucose levels in blood, but I haven't read anything about cholesterol or weight loss :(

Reaction score
Apple cider and its wonders !!! Vinegar is supposed to be good but unforotunately sour things do not agree with me. I wonder if it can be diluted and had so that the sourness disappears.

Yeah, it's very strong, isn't it? I like to make salads with it all the time :) I can barely notice the sour taste once I mix it with the olive oil, salt & pepper for the dressing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are welcome ;) I will remember that, do you use the organic or non organic one? I have heard it can be also used on the hair, it helps to neutralize the pH of the scalp or something like that. I have heard it does wonders :) A friend of mine uses it and says his head feels so clean.

I just use regular white vinegar for cleaning purpose, and organic one for eating and cooking. I haven't use it on my head as I am not sure if I want to smell like vinegar all day :) !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yeah, it's very strong, isn't it? I like to make salads with it all the time :) I can barely notice the sour taste once I mix it with the olive oil, salt & pepper for the dressing.

It is not the sour taste but the effect it has on me.

Reaction score
I just use regular white vinegar for cleaning purpose, and organic one for eating and cooking. I haven't use it on my head as I am not sure if I want to smell like vinegar all day :) !

I have and believe me, your head doesn´t smell like vinegar :p I thought i would smell like that as well, but you don't at all. I did actually like the effect, but I haven't tried it ever since (been a bit lazy, lol). But I think I will try soon, I want to get rid of shampoo residues and other impurities.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have and believe me, your head doesn´t smell like vinegar :p I thought i would smell like that as well, but you don't at all. I did actually like the effect, but I haven't tried it ever since (been a bit lazy, lol). But I think I will try soon, I want to get rid of shampoo residues and other impurities.

I will try it with my next shower! I use a capful of mouthwash after shampooing my hair as it helped with dry scalp, but even after the conditioning and rinsing, my hair sometimes still smell like mouthwash, arrg.... If vinegar doesn't carry the smell after rinsing, I think it would be better to use!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I guess you could also use it for your Easter egg dye if you wanted to or were out of regular vinegar.

Reaction score
Can be substituted for part of the water in muffins. Keeps them moist.

Awesome, that is actually something I had never heard before, thanks a lot! I had heard vinegar can be used in baked goods before, but I didn´t have all the details. Thanks for the tip!

I will try it with my next shower! I use a capful of mouthwash after shampooing my hair as it helped with dry scalp, but even after the conditioning and rinsing, my hair sometimes still smell like mouthwash, arrg.... If vinegar doesn't carry the smell after rinsing, I think it would be better to use!

Yeah, try it and let me know hoe it goes, ok? My friend only have good things to say about it, and I guess me too, but I am not the kind of person who sticks for that kind of beauty rituals for too long :p

Ask a Question