Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada

30 July 2021 Rose of Sharon

Posted on July 30, 2021 by Durgan
https://durgan.org//2021/July 2021/30 July 2021 Rose of Sharon/HTML/ 30 July 2021 Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon is in full bloom. I have two colors in an obscure part of the yard. I also have double red one on the front lawn. It also is starting to bloom.
dsc_5768_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The first two pictures are an escapade rose. The rest are rose of sharon. I didn't realize the rose was still on the camera.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to admit. Seeing the title of this thread. I thought of Rose of Sharon/Hypericum.
That's the problem with common names isn't it, a rose is just a rose. Generally the common name for hypericum is rose of sharon. Latin for rose is rosa, hypericum calycinum -''rose of sharon''
The first two pictures are an escapade rose. The rest are rose of sharon. I didn't realize the rose was still on the camera.
I can only see one picture @Durgan :unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Rose of Sharon Hibiscus

Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus) and Chinese hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) are cousins. Both are members of the mallow family, a large group of several hundred different plant species. While the flowers of rose of Sharon and Chinese hibiscus look similar, these plants are from different climates; one is temperate and the other tropical, so they thrive in different places.

Ask a Question