3 most desired plants?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah! I am tempted by eremurus......maybe 3 of them to enable my inclusion here (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Logan, perhaps your third chili would be Scotch Bonnet. A friend from Jamaica loves those, so I grew a couple of plants for him, He could eat them straight off the plant but no one else even wanted to stick their tongue on a Scotch Bonnet!
Alp, we Americans have been changing the names of things for years! For us, a "spanner" is a wrench, the "telly" is TV, and a "herbaceous hedge" is far beyond my capabilities! Different pronunciations, different names make up a good part of the richness of the English language. Y'all stick with yours, and we'll stick with ours, and the language we share will be enriched.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will have a look at the chilli packet and see if I can get a Scotch Bonnet, @marlingardener . Sometimes the American Twang sounds so sexy and yet sometimes sound so loud. Without the twang, I wouldn't be able to understand the series such as Fatal Attraction, Fatal vows or Snapped. When when I saw Christopher Mason in Behind Mansion Wall, I felt so at home.. not the gaudy garish colourful clothes though.

@Verdun .. Why did I limit it to 3, as @JBtheExplorer asked. I have a litany of plants..

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very funny .. Verdun... Been on my feet the whole day. Not quite. I feel like kicking myself. Saw a variegated plant - a cross between euonymus and hebe for £3.85 and I was willing to buy it. Then I saw a taller version.. and wish I had it.

I also want to have a pear, not conference pear, but looks very similar but tastes far superior. Definitely not comet or the other.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Well, I guess I made a liar out of myself. :confused: Today I found a fellow selling Chesnut trees. I will pick up 2 of them tomorrow. Chestnuts have a very checkered history here in America. The fellow I bought them from is starting huge orchards of them here in North Carolina. I will do my part to help restore Chesnuts to their former popularity.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Silent: Make sure it is a sweet chestnut tree though. We were students and picked up all the chestnut on the ground. Before putting them next to the chicken to cook, someone had a bite and a scream.. Turned out to be conker or bitter chestnut.

If you have the space, why not? I would love a walnut tree myself. I will buy a bag of nuts and take it from there .. Hehe.. Just the right time for it. I will try the pecan nut again. Wonder how you can grow pine nuts! Lovely flavours ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I guess I made a liar out of myself. :confused: Today I found a fellow selling Chesnut trees. I will pick up 2 of them tomorrow. Chestnuts have a very checkered history here in America. The fellow I bought them from is starting huge orchards of them here in North Carolina. I will do my part to help restore Chesnuts to their former popularity.
They grow into very big trees. Our gardens are too small for them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will keep them in pots or if I get fed up, buy a grafted one .. which is usually the case. My eyes are now on a pear tree..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when I was little,i found some chest nuts and planted them in the front garden, which was about 6 yards square. Told my dad and he said, they can't stay there they grow into very big trees. In the spring 2 came up and he got rid of them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You can graft them yourself into an apple or pear tree. I have tried it, without success. But I can try again. Need to see if my almond tree is dead.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I can more or less recite them .. Watched it many many many times. Good programmes

Ask a Question