25 5eptember 2015 Seven Vegetable Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/September 2015/25 5eptember 2015 Seven Vegetable Juice/HTML/index.htm 25 5eptember 2015 Seven Vegetable Juice
The last of the garden vegetables for 2015 were made into a seven vegetable juice. The vegetables were eggplant, peppers, celery, tomato, basil, dill and onion.Twenty eight liters of juice was obtained and was pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes.Pictures delineate the process.
dsc_756125%205eptember%202015%20eggplant_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very curious what this juice tastes like!:) It sounds really good and healthy. I've never eaten eggplant, but I love tomatoes, basil and onions:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Almost all vegetable juices that I make, which is almost anything, have a similar taste. It is in no way objectionable. I have several jars open at any one time and mix the juices in the drinking glass. I usually use one of the fruit juices with the vegetable types or one of the relatively sweet ones. When there is a need for liquid, I drink a glass always at room temperature, which is my preference. The juices are large part of my nutritional diet and mixing insure that there is variety.

This particular batch was necessary, since I had ten pounds of pristine eggplant plus the other produce available, and frost will be here soon, and had to do something or lose all. The taste of the juice is acceptable even without mixing, is nutritious, and breaks the commercial dependence. For lack of something better a bit of food independence.

I don't add salt or sugar to any of the juices. Adding would probably make them more acceptable to most people, since we are usually addicted to both sugar and salt. Since most people get their food commercially and prepared foods are paramount in most diets, which is usually salt, and sugar, and many time nice tasting fat, I assume my preparation is an improvement.

Ask a Question