Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
23 September 2017 Concord Grapes
Posted on September 23, 2017 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2017/September%202017/23%20September%202017%20Concord%20Grapes/HTML/ 23 September 2017 Concord Grapes
Concord Grapes were being offered for sale in my area. They appear perfect if a little late. Price $20.00 per bushel about 40 pounds, pick your own. I use around 100 or more pounds for making simple juice with just a touch of water added to make the texture drinkable. Method of producing the juice is unique. The grapes are removed from the green substrate via swiping across simple nylon screen about one square inch opening, Just so the grape falls through. The hand blender agitate and basically make a slurry of the cooked grape, which is strained to remove seeds and debris. I drink as long as it lasts,until it lasts. It keeps well after pressure canning in one liter jars.

concord%20grapes%20042_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow, very cool.
30L per bushel thats 180L total. Will you drink that much by yourself ? Will you can them in 180 jars ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
About 20~30 liters per bushel. Yes, I only use liter jars. They are stored in boxes of 12 liter jars. I use about one to three liters of various juices daily. I still have three bushels to process. Bit of a process from picked grape to pressure canned juice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Its rich in antioxidant.
Does it contains pits?
Its one of the fruits whose peel taste better than pulp;),

I against intake of sugar but I will love this flavor Jam, jelly or Ice-cream.:whistle::D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Its rich in antioxidant.
Does it contains pits?
Its one of the fruits whose peel taste better than pulp;),

I against intake of sugar but I will love this flavor Jam, jelly or Ice-cream.:whistle::D

I came across these "Thomcord" grapes - cross between Thomson and Concord. The Concord kick is reduced and Thomson sweetness is introduced. Are they genetically modified or 'crossed' in some way ?

Ask a Question