We added some tires and raised beds this year
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Tjohn submitted a new Showcase Item:

2017 Garden Experiment

This year we added some tires and three raised beds along with the bags on growing tables. Lettuce was a complete bust this year, but squash is unbelievable! The tractor tires have an Asparagus bed and a Rhubarb bed started that will be permanent. Truck tires were planted with Celtus (which was eaten by bugs as soon as it appeared) and Orange Globe Turnips . Car tires have squash ( Hubbards, Acorn,Gold Nugget,Pumpkins, Delicata, Lebanese Bush Mallows, Yellow Crookneck, Caserta, Black Beauty Zucchini,) melons(Amarillo Oro, Banana, Green Honeydew, Hales Best Cantelope, Planter's Choice), Kale, and Bok Choy (which promptly bolted). I also have a sunflower growing in one by accident ( the birds planted it for me). The bags have Northern King and California Wonder sweet peppers, Hot Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, Purple and Green bush Beans, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Turkish Eggplants, Casper Eggplants, Black Beauty Eggplants, three kinds of Beets, and Oregon Giant Snow Peas. The tomato table has Mortgage Lifters, Early Girls, and an assortment of Heirloom Beefsteaks. The raised beds are planted with Red, Yellow and White Onions, Carrots , and Parsnips. In the greenhouse is Okra and more Eggplant. I also have pots of Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, Basil, Dill, and Cilantro stuffed in the empty spots on the tables.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Ask a Question