2014 garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
http://insidebanditsgarden.weebly.com/

If anyone wants to take a look everything is on my blog.

I've really put alot more effort into things this year. Starting tons of seeds (last year the only thing I did from seed was sunflowers). Starting months earlier than every before thanks to the greenhouse. Expanding everything I already had.

Flowers are starting to open so hopefully I'll be able to add some pictures of them soon.. if it ever stops raining. And one drawback of a greenhouse.. 9 days of rain forecasted and I still have to water my plants :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

If anyone wants to take a look everything is on my blog.

I've really put alot more effort into things this year. Starting tons of seeds (last year the only thing I did from seed was sunflowers). Starting months earlier than every before thanks to the greenhouse. Expanding everything I already had.

Flowers are starting to open so hopefully I'll be able to add some pictures of them soon.. if it ever stops raining. And one drawback of a greenhouse.. 9 days of rain forecasted and I still have to water my plants :rolleyes:
Consider yourself very lucky It has been so long since we had any rain we have forgotten what it looks like

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Once all the plants are in the ground and the projects are done it can rain.. right now I have beds to amend, an arbor to build, furniture to pain, gravel paths to put in, etc. The idea of getting nothing done for over a week is depressing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Once all the plants are in the ground and the projects are done it can rain.. right now I have beds to amend, an arbor to build, furniture to pain, gravel paths to put in, etc. The idea of getting nothing done for over a week is depressing
Jeez, that makes me tired just reading about it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The last 3 years have been rough.. my husband lost both his parents and I lost my dad. As a result between stress and lack of time the yard has suffered. This summer I'm reclaiming my space putting things back to the way they should be. Also working half my normal hours this summer. Putting the extra time into something that makes me really happy.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that with us, love seeing the progression with gardens. We have had such a slow spring in Connecticut, only a few trees are starting to leaf out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bandit26, you have a really pretty garden! It was a pleasure to visit your blog and see all of those interesting pictures. I love your mini raised bed for strawberries, it's so cute!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks. The small bed is a flexible corrugated plastic that you can shape to fit your space. The one I got was meant to be round but the half circle fit the space better.

Finalized the plans for the trellis/arbor last night and will shop for materials tomorrow. Hoping the weather is good enough this weekend to get building

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Wow, Bandit, you have a lot of energy for working in the garden ! ! it sounds like it is going to be awesome when you get done.
We have been living in a different area for the last two years, and just moved back to this house last fall; so there is a lot of work needing to be done to get this yard back in shape again, too.
We are not going to be achieving as much as you are doing though, and if we just get the yard cleaning done, and some flowers, shrubs, and vines planted this year, I will be happy with that.
I have also started a small veggie garden, just a little area outside the kitchen door; so hopefully we will also have some fresh greens and other veggies this year, and next year, maybe some blueberries and raspberries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I work for a school and graduation is in 18 days.. from mid may til mid august I only work half my normal load and only 3 days a week so I have plenty of time to be outside. Right now most things are 30-60 minutes after work when the weather is good and several hours on the weekends when possible. My husband is working more hours than normal and our off days dont line up anymore so 90% of this is on my own.

Going to fill all the cinder block openings and plant in those as well.. gives me 33 little containers to grow more greens in

Reaction score
The blog looks great. I love the photos of your raised beds and all your little seedlings. Your dog is beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks. The small bed is a flexible corrugated plastic that you can shape to fit your space. The one I got was meant to be round but the half circle fit the space better.
In my opinion the half circle looks great and very unique:) The flexible corrugated plastic bed sounds very useful!
I'm sure that you'll have many delicious strawberries soon:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I got the berries in early this year so hoping for good results. Couldn't do them until the start of June last year so the yield and flavor was poor

Bandit will be 11 in July and is my constant shadow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b

5022022_orig.jpg

Got the arbor up and covered with mesh fence so the veggies can easily climb. It should have been an easy project but the power screwdriver died and I ended up doing it by hand. Few more pics are up in my blog

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your arbor is so perfect! I'd love to build one too for climbing roses, but it seems too difficult for me. I've never tried to build anything;)
I read in your blog that you plan to plant sugar peas, lemon cucumbers, purple beans and rainbow swiss chard. Those sound like really great vegetables! It's the first time when I hear of lemon cucumbers. What do they taste like?:)

Ask a Question