2 1/2 years ago, all 298 feet.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
........(630 boards)
20190602_190917.jpg
of "THE WALL" went up. (Yes, I put it up myself and no.....no prior experience [it was a "fly by the seat of my pants" project and it survived Hurricane Michael AND a near miss tornado
a month later]........and I did not have to get Congressional approval). This weekend.....I pressure washed our investment. Next weekend it gets sealer.....I REALLY don't want to have to do THAT again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lots of work but worth it. Back in the 70's when I was young and crazy I made a lattice fence, then another one for a friend then another one for someone that drove by and wanted one. In total there was 345 feet of fencing a number I'll never forget. I ripped all the lattice from 2x6's and made it 1/4 in thick, did two at a time using a spacer between two blades on the trusty Craftsman table saw. I then separated the pieces and cut them in such a way that all the knot holes were discarded and sorted them by length. I then built a frame and proceeded to nail the strips at an angled position using a strip (1 1/2 inches wide) as a spacer and did this for both directions on the lattice. Then the fun began. Each time the strips overlapped they had to be nailed with a 1/2 in brad. No air nailer back then just a hammer and trying to hold the 1/2 brads between my fingers. To save time I stained all the slats white before assembly. It took forever but the end product was really something to see. Even the posts were built up with fancy moldings. Never again, well maybe for a small project but this time I'd use my Harbor Freight nailer!

Ask a Question