19 July 2018 String Replacement (Maruyama)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Weed Whacker String Replacement (Maruyama)
Posted on July 19, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/July 2018/19 July 2018 String Replacement/HTML/19 July 2018 String Replacement (Maruyama)

Weed Whacker String Replacement (Maruyama)
Use approximately 12 feet of 0.095 string.
Line up arrow on case cover with string hole.This aligns the holes so the string can be pushed through.
Push the string through and pull until the ends are same length.
To insure the strings are in an upper and lower channel do the following.
Rotate the mechanism one half turn CW and pull the strings tight. Repeat about three times. This means the strings have wound about two turns correctly in the upper and lower channel and are not crossed.
Rotate the mechanism until the strings stick out the holes about 15 cm.

014_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have 3 different weedeaters, a curved shaft and a straight shaft Stihl, each having different feed heads, and a 58v battery powered echo, with a 3rd type of reloading experience. You may wish to provide more photography and detail as the variety of existing string heads causes confusion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I finally figured out the one I depict. It is sort of tricky. Getting the sting into the appropriate channel without crossing takes some skill. I use the wacker often so ought another head.

Ask a Question