Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
19 January 2019 Air Dancer (Garden)
Posted on January 19, 2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2019/19January 2019 Air Dancer/HTML/ 19 January 2019 Air Dancer
This balloon air dancer was purchased to make some movement around some fruit bushes and trees in an attempt to discourage birds and squirrels. It is basically a balloon with a fan under to keep air flowing.I will use when the fruit comes in season.
dsc_0027_std.jpg

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Durgan good idea but if you have magpies by you just be careful you don't wake to see it pecked down...as they love black things to peck at.:censored:

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Never saw a magpie in this part of the country.
Oh well good luck to you..as they're a right nightmare here and attacking young birds...I won't express my language :censored:

Sending one over to you now, sellotaped it to a Canada Goose
Trust you Zigs :banghead:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
There are many magpies in the Western provinces There use to be as bounty on them in Saskatchewan when I was a kid. I suspect most have been killed off by now. An old Indian once commented that white man will not be happy until he has killed the last animal and cut down the last tree.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There are many magpies in the Western provinces There use to be as bounty on them in Saskatchewan when I was a kid. I suspect most have been killed off by now. An old Indian once commented that white man will not be happy until he has killed the last animal and cut down the last tree.

...Only then he will realise he can't eat money....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a really good idea @Durgan! I hope it works well, you'll have to keep us posted :)

Ask a Question