Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
17 February 2020 Chickpea Tempeh
Posted on February 17, 2020 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2020/February%202020/17%20Febuary%202020%20Chickpea%20Tempeh_/HTML/index.htm 17 Febuary 2020 Chickpea Tempeh
Half a liter of chickpeas were prepared fro making tempeh.The chickpeas were boiled for 30 minutes and the skin removed by rubbing together about five times anad pouring off the skins.Then the dehulled chickpeas were boiled for about two hours to soften. This is fairly critical since chickpeas do not absorb water readily. Sometime I mash lightly with a potato masher to spit the peas a bit. Avoid making mush.A tablespoon of vinegar and the starter was add and mixed well.The peas were then placed in cotton lined mold and placed in the fermenter set at 31C. Fermentation is from 30 to 48 hours which will be added when complete.
dsc_3858_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
No idea,depends on the weather
Country
United Kingdom
Does it have any taste?,im not familiar with it sorry,i always think houmus/hummus when i see chickpeas yum x

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I am relatively new to chickpeas, but they are apparently a food powerhouse. I just use it as a break from soy beans. The tempeh takes on the taste of accompanying food. I usually eat as is. The tempeh is tasteless to a large degree.
Canada produces a large quantity of soy beans and chickpeas.

Ask a Question