17 August 2015 Garlic Revisited

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/August 2015/17 August 2015 Garlic Revisited/HTML/ 17 August 2015 Garlic Revisited
Preparing a bulb of garlic for use as a garnish on a baked potato. To obtain maximum nutritional benefits from garlic it should be crushed and allowed to settle for at least 15 minutes or longer.A tortilla press is ideal.Each separate clove with skin intact was pressed. The skin is separated easily.A piece of soft bread was utilized to sop up any juice on the press surfaces. The pressed garlic was allowed to sit for 15 minutes, then fried in butter at low heat for about 10 minutes. This will be used as a garnish for a baked potato. The press need be oiled lightly to prevent rusting.This simple process will encourage more consumption of garlic, which is possibly a plus.
dsc_630717%20august%202015%20garlic%20revisited_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't know that we should allow garlic to sit for 15 minutes! I usually mince them and use them right away in my cooking or when making sauce.

That tortilla press machine looks like a perfect use for pressing garlic!

Ask a Question