16 September 2015 Concord Grape Harvest

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/September 2015/16 September 2015 Concord Grape Harvest/HTML/ 16 September 2015 Concord Grape Harvest
The concord grapes from my one plant were harvested. Twenty five pounds of quality grapes were obtained. There was no bird damage, no cob webs and no mold or dead grapes.The brix reading was 13. The grapes were removed from the substrate on a mesh screen, cooked and blended into a slurry. The slurry was strained through a food mill, mesh 2mm. Two pounds of grapes were used for each liter of juice This makes a strong rich tasting juice and is of a texture suitable for drinking.
dsc_731316%20september%202015%20concord%20grape%20harvest_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I have just been to the supermarket and we didn't buy grapes because they didn't look fresh. What I want is the grapes above this post, hahahaaa. How I admire your harvest. You know, whenever I would see a good harvest of fruits or vegetables, I am always wishing to be your neighbor. That bucket of grapes is enviable. Tsk, tsk, it's such a waste to turn that fresh crisp grapes into grape juice.

Ask a Question