16 May 2020 Board Method (Planting seeds)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
16 May 2020 Board Method (Planting seeds)
Posted on May 16, 2020 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2020/May 2020/16 May 2020 Board Method/HTML/ 16 May 2020 Board Method (Planting Seeds)
Carrot seeds are small and often difficult to germinate. My solution is to prepare a row of soil and sprinkle the seeds, then cover the row with a raised board.Th seeds are kept damp by water can poured on top of the board.Enough water seeps around to keep the seeds damp. Germination is assured. The board also prevents the seeds from hot Sun and drying out.Carrot seeds will not germinate if they get above 80F (27C).I use the method on other small seeds also to protect from birds when small.
dsc_4124_std.jpg

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I agree carrot seeds are difficult to germinate when you want them to germinate. Often times I find them just sitting there and taking their sweet time which can be weeks to finally get there. I'm looking forward to trying your approach next fall. Thanks.

Ask a Question