15 Ways to Add Color To Your Garden

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ornamental grass is a great way to add color and texture to your garden.

Here are 15 ways to use ornamental grass.
http://www.bhg.com/gardening/flower..._campaign=gardennotes_101316&did=84263#page=7

BHG128852.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I really like the look of a lot of ornamental grasses. I think they add such a different charm than simply having flowers or hedges. I don't currently have any ornamental grasses as part of my garden, but it is something I would like to incorporate once we move from this house and hopefully have a larger yard space to work with.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A true annual sprouts from seed and matures to a seed-producing plant in a single growing season. These fast-track plants feature a wide array of blossom colors, including black-purple, lemon yellow, watermelon-pink, and nearly everything in between. You can choose annuals with a skyscraping stature, such as sunflower or castor bean, or focus on shorter bloomers, such as marigold.

Plant colorful annuals : These plants are great for gardeners who didn’t plan ahead and plant bulbs months ago. Pansies, petunias, and snap dragons are great choices because they like cool weather, add vibrant color, and grow well in containers. Ideally, your spring garden will showcase both annuals and perennials.

Consider garden ornaments. If you’re like me, you’re wary of garden ornaments that tend to be tacky versus tasteful. Having said that, a carefully chosen ornament can make a spring garden pop.

Ask a Question