15 July 2016 Outdoor Burner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/July%202016/15%20July%202016%20Outdoor%20Burner/HTML/ 15 July 2016 Outdoor Burner
Purchased an outside burner for preparing my produce for canning. It is around 50,000 BTU and fueled by propane. There is one control near the hand tank connection for regulating heat. It also has a wind guard. My old burner was deteriorating after about ten years of use. Cost was around $100.00 Canadian.
dsc_052615%20july%202016%20outdoor%20burner_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Nice. been thinking about something like that. as there are some things I would rather cook outside due to smells, etc.

The last burner I had was made in Italy and it lasted about ten years. Many on the internet are junk in that they are made of sheet metal. Choose carefully, better if you can see it in person. I haven't used the new one yet but just testing it there were some issues, in that to get full heat the flame would rise from the burner holes and go out if too high. Not a big issue but annoying. I at least assumed the burner would be perfect. It was chosen since I liked the wind guard. On my old one I installed a piece of sheet metal around the burner and it worked well, but I got lazy this time and bought one with it in place. The new device is made in China.

Ask a Question