14 May 2021 Fern-Leaf Peony (Paeonia tenuifolia)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
14 May 2021 Fern-Leaf Peony (Paeonia tenuifolia)
Posted on May 14, 2021 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2021/May 2021/14 May 2021 Fern-Leaf Peony (Paeonia tenuifolia)/HTML/ 14 May 2021 Fern-Leaf Peony (Paeonia tenuifolia)
A perennial. Lasts a week or so and has the most beautiful red color.
dsc_0015_std.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor Durgan - they are beautiful. I thought you only grew veggies and tempeh :giggle:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Grow most vegetables, and some fruit trees, currants, haskap, grapes, gooseberry ,paw paw,. Live in a Garden of Eden area and can buy many fruits and vegetables in season. Preserve by root cold room and pressure can slurries. Bulk food supplies dried grains, and beans. Indeed I consume tempeh daily for breakfast, main source of protean.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What's a Garden of Eden area Durgan? :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I suppose a good growing area in my area. I am on the periphery of the Niagara Region. Surrounded by the Great Lakes. We get usually good growing weather for 3 or 4 months. June, July, and August and often September. Soil is generally quality. Rainfall is usually adequate. Sun is reasonable.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds good Durgan :) We live in what used to be known as the garden of England, still fruit orchards around but most of the farm shops are too expensive :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Our vegetable and fruit farms are disappearing. Pizza, Mc/Donald's, Donut shops, and other fast food places have filled the gap. It shows on the populace at large. It's a shame and is probably unhealthy in the relatively long term.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We see McDonald's wrappers thrown out of cars along the roads. Guess that's the mentality of the folk that eat there, don't see many discarded fruit and veg punnets :rolleyes:

We had some friends come round and bought us locally grown Asparagus today. We gave them some spring onions in return :)

Ask a Question