14 July 2016 Potato Salad

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/July%202016/14%20July%202016%20Potato%20Salad/HTML/ 14 July 2016 Potato Salad
A potato salad was made utilising garden vegetables, namely Yukon gold potatoes 4 pounds, celery, and onion. Eggs were purchased from a local farmer. The dressing was made using canola oil ad egg yolks yesterday. Potatoes were baked. Paprika was liberally used and salt to taste.
dsc_044414%20july%202016%20potato%20salad_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Potato salad. Such a wonderment of variety one can have with it. I love it. I also use eggs from my Amish farm near by. Hard boil them. then finally dice up the white, cause I visually like it that way. Then I take the yolks and fork mix them in really good olive oil. use a mix of hard colorful veggies to add to the bowl. some mustard. maybe old bay, if I feel like it, nice read onion for color, or green scallions depends. a good red pepper --again more color.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Potato salad. Such a wonderment of variety one can have with it. I love it. I also use eggs from my Amish farm near by. Hard boil them. then finally dice up the white, cause I visually like it that way. Then I take the yolks and fork mix them in really good olive oil. use a mix of hard colorful veggies to add to the bowl. some mustard. maybe old bay, if I feel like it, nice read onion for color, or green scallions depends. a good red pepper --again more color.

"Then I take the yolks and fork mix them in really good olive oil."
I assume this becomes your liquidity salad dressing. Say six yolks and a cup of olive oil. Is this about right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You guys are making me hungry. Love potato salad! Does it freeze ok? I'm thinking not but have never tried (and too tired to google right now!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Potato salad is s simple nourishing meal, particularly pleasant during the heat of summer. I always make it fresh and seldom keep it more than a day in the refrigerator. Very quick to make with a bit o planning ahead, since in my case all the ingredients are at room temperature, and prep ahead a few hours is possible. I am playing with the dressing just for something to do, but the canned stuff is more than acceptable if one feels not particularly ambitious. And if worse comes to worse it is available in Costco and probably most supermarkets for the quick crowd.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I always make it fresh. Usually, boil the potatoes and the eggs the day before. Mine does keep for several days in the fridge. Would not freeze well. I also love playing with the dressing part, always using the yolks as the body of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The dressing using egg yolks and oil sounds yum. I'll try it over the weekend, you guys have inspired me. Also love the idea of the paprika and the horse radish varieties.:love:

Ask a Question