13 July 2016 Salad Dressing (Potato)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2016/July%202016/13%20July%202016%20Salad%20Dressing/HTML/ 13 July 2016 Salad Dressing

I wanted to make home produced salad dressing for potato salad. I studied several procedures on the internet and modified to suit my needs.

Ingredients are three egg yolks, a tablespoon of white vinegar, a cup of Canola oil, a teaspoon of sea salt.

The egg yolks and vinegar were beat together to form an emulsifier, the oil was added in stages and beat to make the consistency required. The salt as a condiment was added at the end of the process. Most procedure used a hand whisk for processing. I used a hand blender which made the process almost instantaneous. The finished product can be stored for two or three days in the refrigerator.

Different oils will be used in the future and the addition of other condiments, but the basic procedure is now established.
dsc_041613%20july%202016%20salad%20dressing_std.jpg

Ask a Question