Zucchini Anyone!

Reaction score
How do you use up your zucchinis; have you ever tried making a pasta with it? I always toss in a few shrimp when making mines and it is just delicious; eating is one of my favorite past-time so i'm always thinking of new dishes to try.

Reaction score
I actually make a lasagna with them and use slices of zucchini or yellow squash. I layer the cheese and other veggies in between the slices and it tastes fantastic?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I grow peppers, garlic, onions tomatoes, basil and oregano.
Throw in a little salt, pepper and olive oil, and you have the ingredients for a great, healthy pasta sauce.

You can use them and potatoes as a substitute for aubergine in Moussakas.

Thinly sliced and battered and deep fried.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Every year, we have plenty of zucchinis, because it's my mother's favorite vegetable to grow. Usually, I slice it and fry with garlic salt. It's quite yummy! Sometimes, I add cooked zucchini to my pasta.

Reaction score
i like to use zucchini in a lot soups, they are perfect. Sometimes I even add the to my rice or make a special dish with cooked corn and zucchini. I must admit it isn't my fav veggie tho..

Reaction score
The fiancee and I love zucchini. It grows surprisingly well in the high desert.

We grill it, make zucchini bread, zucchini pasta, add it to pasta dishes, fried, stuffed with shrimp la mer, include it in general veggie sides, bakes, etc, etc, etc. We've done pretty much everything short of making zucchini ice cream.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the first time when I hear of zucchini pickles. It sounds interesting! Do they taste like regular cucumber pickles? If yes, I must make them:D It would be a great way to use excess zucchinis.

Reaction score
The fiancee and I love zucchini. It grows surprisingly well in the high desert.

We grill it, make zucchini bread, zucchini pasta, add it to pasta dishes, fried, stuffed with shrimp la mer, include it in general veggie sides, bakes, etc, etc, etc. We've done pretty much everything short of making zucchini ice cream.

I love zucchini but not so much , it seems like you are an addict and it gets better because you seems very creative; great ways to use up veggies.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's the first time when I hear of zucchini pickles. It sounds interesting! Do they taste like regular cucumber pickles? If yes, I must make them:D It would be a great way to use excess zucchinis.
No, they don't taste like cucumber pickles. They taste like zuchinni pickles. They are made about the same though. Try it. What have you got to lose? If you don't like them give them to a neighbor you aren't too fond of.

Reaction score
Here are a few of my favorite things to do with zucchini:
-zucchini lasagna, the zucchini is basically just used in place of lasagna noodles
-chocolate chip zucchini bread, a kid favorite! Chocolatey and delicious!
-zucchini fried with onion, garlic, olive oil and spices to eat over pasta

Ask a Question