Wonderful decoration ideas using succulents!

Reaction score
I was browsing the web today and I was very pleased when I came across several images that gave me a lot decoration ideas involving succulents! Many of you might or might not know I'm a big fan of succulents :love::LOL: So I really love the idea of actually give some of those ideas a try in the future. Some of those are more doable than others tho. Please let me know what you think :)

lgturtle.jpg

My future mother in law would surely love this:
succulent+3.jpg

succulents11.jpg

succulent-arrangement-by-chicweed-9-4-13-final1.jpg

succulent%20tapestry%204.jpg

A-Variety-of-Succulents-in-a-Cupcake-Stand-Succulents-and-Sunshine.jpg

succulent-bean-ball-1-771228-1024x768.jpg

succulents_aDVW3_24702.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's a great idea for a thread, Trellum!:) Succulents are truly beautiful and you can do so many things with them, they always look very decorative. Personally, I really like succulent wreaths.
This one is lovely:

garden-incredible-succulents-wreath-decoration-for-door-decoration-or-for-garden-decorating-design-ideas-wonderful-succulents-garden-decoration-design.jpg

Reaction score
Succulents are such beautiful plants with their textures and colors. I love seeing all that people have done with them in terms of gardens, very nice work and beautifully done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like I mentioned before, I love everything that is heart-shaped. I'm a romantic girl:LOL: So it made me really happy when I found these pictures, in my opinion they're very inspiring:

550620_t607.JPG

A succulent heart like this makes a lovely wall decoration, doesn't it?

Succulent-Heart-Flower-Box-Gift-Ideas-at-Design-Connection-Inc-Kansas-City-Interior-Design.png

heart-succulents.jpg

Reaction score
Nice! I really enjoy succulents, too. The turtle is my favorite. How would you go about doing that? I have always wanted to do a succulent arrangement, but I am afraid to move plants about. I tend to kill them after moving them.

Reaction score
Thanks, @Mariam ! Actually the turtle one is the one that made me type ''some are more doable than others'', lol :D:LOL: I guess doing that would be such a feat. I guess it would be easier to use moss. But I understand your fear when it comes to moving plants :) Have you been unlucky when moving succulents too??

Reaction score
Like I mentioned before, I love everything that is heart-shaped. I'm a romantic girl:LOL: So it made me really happy when I found these pictures, in my opinion they're very inspiring:

550620_t607.JPG

A succulent heart like this makes a lovely wall decoration, doesn't it?

Succulent-Heart-Flower-Box-Gift-Ideas-at-Design-Connection-Inc-Kansas-City-Interior-Design.png

heart-succulents.jpg

@claudine I looooooooooved the wall decoration idea!!! :) That's so pretty and would make a great gift! I can definitely see myself giving that as a gift to my future mother in law, because she really loves that kind of things. I also like heart shaped things, Claudine :love::) Thanks for sharing those ideas with us, I will definitely look into them in the future!

Reaction score
Succulents are such beautiful plants with their textures and colors. I love seeing all that people have done with them in terms of gardens, very nice work and beautifully done.

Glad you liked it, @firelily99 I see this kind of decorations like some sort of art to be honest. I started to get interested in this kind of things since I came back from the Netherlands, because I found out my future mother in law really loves this kind of things :)(y)

Reaction score
That's a great idea for a thread, Trellum!:) Succulents are truly beautiful and you can do so many things with them, they always look very decorative. Personally, I really like succulent wreaths.
This one is lovely:

garden-incredible-succulents-wreath-decoration-for-door-decoration-or-for-garden-decorating-design-ideas-wonderful-succulents-garden-decoration-design.jpg

That succulent wreath is lovely, Claudine! Thanks for sharing it with us! I can recognize most of the succulents in the icture, but I'm not sure I'd get cuttings just to make a wreath, I would feel a bit guilty :oops: But the idea in itself is extremely beautiful! Specially if you are into making beautiful things :love: My future mother in law loves this kind of things :LOL: So many wonderful ideas!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice, there are several that have given me ideas of what I can do with a few pots I have in the yard. I like succulents and generally have one or two in the yard or house. I had a huge Jade plant when I lived in California.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that succulents make a lovely table decoration. They look much more unique than regular flowers. I'm not saying that cut flowers aren't pretty, but I feel that it's nice to see something different from time to time.
This looks great:

succulent_grouping.jpg

Reaction score
That's a really beautiful and original idea, Claudine :) Actually succulents are a bit better for this kind of things because they last way longer than your average flower ;) Flowers are beautiful but once you cut them they have a really short life span!

What about this amazing terrarium:

succulent-terrarium3.jpg

A pretty decoration idea using a succulent :)

Reaction score
Very nice, there are several that have given me ideas of what I can do with a few pots I have in the yard. I like succulents and generally have one or two in the yard or house. I had a huge Jade plant when I lived in California.

Glad to hear this thread gave you some good ideas :) Hopefully you can put to good use some (if not all) of those plant pots you are no longer using ;) I also love succulents, because they are so easy to take care of and they seem to do much better when you neglect them, lol. You gotta love a plant that is like that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, this terrarium is beautiful!

How do you feel about succulent wedding bouquets? I'm talking about something like this:

southern_wedding_01.jpg

In my opinion it's a funny idea and I find it quite pretty, but it's not something for me. I'm a traditional girl:) I want roses in my bouquet!

Reaction score
Hehehee!!!! Wow, I must say that succulent bouquet looks rather original and nice, but I'm not sure I'd pick that one for my wedding. It's a really beautiful idea tho :) Very unique and modern :)

I really like this idea:

40b5231903eab46ecaf6f5d0909de1ad.jpg

Ask a Question