Window Shelves Garden

Reaction score
I have a large kitchen window that my son attached three shelves to. I want to grow a few herbs in my kitchen, but I'm not sure what will grow there. I am located in Southeast Texas. The window's light exposure is from the Northwest. Although, it does get full sunlight all through the day.
Can anyone tell me of a few herbs that would grow in these conditions? I would like to start from seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a large kitchen window that my son attached three shelves to. I want to grow a few herbs in my kitchen, but I'm not sure what will grow there. I am located in Southeast Texas. The window's light exposure is from the Northwest. Although, it does get full sunlight all through the day.
Can anyone tell me of a few herbs that would grow in these conditions? I would like to start from seeds.
So you are around the Houston Conroe area? You can grow just about any herb you want/////BUT////If your main sunlight comes from the Northwest you will have limited hours of sun and sunlight is very important. Now would be a good time to plant parsley, dill, coriander and if you can arrange for them to spend a lot of time in the morning sun you should do quite well.

Reaction score
I am thinking basil and rosemary would strive well on your window shelves; i'd advice you though not to over water your rosemary as it will surely die...i made this mistake in the past and wouldn't want you to do the same.

Reaction score
I'd go for basil, mint and coriander :) Those herbs can't never be missed in the kitchen, some marjoram and rosemary would be perfect too :) I always liked to keep all those nearby back when I was growing herbs, now it's just mint and basil.

Ask a Question