Wild strawberries

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like most of you already know, I don't have a garden, so I grow all my plants indoors. Here are pictures of wild strawberries that grow in my living room:):

tmp_DSC_0880-1455931061.jpg

tmp_DSC_08781929149092.jpg

Currently, I have 4 wild raspberry plants, but I want to buy more of them!:D:love:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Claudine :)

Just potted some up for the new yard, but they're looking a bit rough at the moment, starting to pick up :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:) My wild strawberries were very small when I bought them two weeks ago. Now, they're doing fine. I guess they like being indoors:)

Reaction score
Very nice, Claudine! Looking forward to seeing the picture of your wild strawberry plants once they're loaded with strawberries. I'm very curious to see what they will look like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You don't have to worry about the birds eating them. :)
Wild strawberries are abundant here. I just took my dogs for a two-hour hike and they were everywhere, just starting to blossom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Those are wonderful! You do have a garden, just spread around indoors. just as good as a greenhouse.

thank for sharing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You have proved that if there is a will there is a way. Growing fruits indoors is no easy game.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They look fantastic Claudine, and you don't have far to go for harvest, or having a fight with other critters to taste your strawberries :) Luckily, you have some sun light coming through the window too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you!!!:D
Yesterday, I bought five more plants. I'll grow wild strawberries in my bedroom, too:D I think I'll turn my apartment into a strawberry field;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You don't have to worry about the birds eating them. :)
Wild strawberries are abundant here. I just took my dogs for a two-hour hike and they were everywhere, just starting to blossom.

OOh. I'm so jealous. Where are you?

I'm in Winston-Salem, NC. There are plenty of berry farms that allow picking and paying by the bucket, which is cool, but I miss those days when we could hike and find wild huckleberries in Washington state. I'm sure there are abundant wild berries in the mountains of NC, I just wouldn't know where to look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am lucky enough at my current house to be able to have a nice strawberry patch. However, those are looking wonderful! Since you grow them inside, do you use anything to keep the bugs at bay?

Here in Washington bugs don't care if you are inside or outside. I'd worry about drawing more in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I am lucky enough at my current house to be able to have a nice strawberry patch. However, those are looking wonderful! Since you grow them inside, do you use anything to keep the bugs at bay?

Here in Washington bugs don't care if you are inside or outside. I'd worry about drawing more in.
You're lucky, I'd love to have a strawberry patch!:)
Spider mites tried to attack my wild strawberries, but I scared them off with water and dish soap:cool: So far, I haven't noticed any other pests:)

Ask a Question