whose idea was this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Whose idea was it to make all of us regular posters have to log in every time we access the forum. It is ridiculous and stupid. You make us do this but you can't for some reason make new members make their location mandatory. You are just about to loose me

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing we've done as far as I know Chuck?

Are you sure it's not something on your computer, like anti virus or clearing cookies?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Whose idea was it to make all of us regular posters have to log in every time we access the forum. It is ridiculous and stupid. You make us do this but you can't for some reason make new members make their location mandatory. You are just about to loose me
Maybe this is just my computer? Does everyone else have to log in every time even though you clicked keep logged in
Nothing we've done as far as I know Chuck?

Are you sure it's not something on your computer, like anti virus or clearing cookies?
Maybe it is my cookies or something. I will check but as of now I have to log in every time

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't normally stay logged on as staff, but i've just checked and I can stay logged on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't normally stay logged on as staff, but i've just checked and I can stay logged on.
Just cleared cookies and thats not it. Still have to log on each time. Going to do a diagnostics check and systems restore

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I did a systems restore. I still don't know what happened or what was wrong but it fixed it. Everything is back to normal

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I did a systems restore. I still don't know what happened or what was wrong but it fixed it. Everything is back to normal

Nice one Chuck :)

Odd things happen with computers

Reaction score
I'm actually having this issue as well with one of my computers. Sadly I don't have the luxury of just doing a system restore.

What's weird is that it only seems to happen on Firefox. It's not just this forum too, some other forums are repeatedly logging me out as well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I'm actually having this issue as well with one of my computers. Sadly I don't have the luxury of just doing a system restore.

What's weird is that it only seems to happen on Firefox. It's not just this forum too, some other forums are repeatedly logging me out as well.
Check your privacy settings, they may be too high to accept cookies
You may have to either have to lower your security settings or accept the inconvenience.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the slow reply Chuck, it shouldn't force you to log in to the forums every time. As the others have already mentioned here, it's probably due to a cookie security setting in your browser - but glad it's working now after a restore.

With regards to the location problem, I am just about to post something on that very issue now in a new thread :).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am new here and I have checked that 'stay logged in' or whatever and so I have no need to login each time.

Ask a Question