Which vegetables

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There are lots and lots of vegetables that are easy to grow:) In what climate do you live?
Personally, I've always had a lot of luck with zucchinis. They grow like crazy! My mother plants them every year, too, so we always have too many of them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Are you interested in starting to grow some? If so, what do you eat a lot of? :D (and where do you live?)

Tomatoes, Peas and Rhubarb are easy to grow and taste great :).

Reaction score
Squash is always easy and beans are a safe bet. Tomatoes generally don't have too many problems as well as peppers. Try a few of the different ones mentioned and see how it works out for you.

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but for me cucumbers are the easiest to grow and take care for. For me they're so easy to grow, I planted several when I was just 16 years old and they turned out fine! I had a lot cucumbers growing in my back yard for a while... until my mom threw away my seeds.

Reaction score
yes cucumbers are so extremely easy, just plant and put a bit of water and watch them flourish, but i suggest you put something up near them so they can climb up that way the plants are off the ground and you don't have yellow cumbers *unless you want to take the time to turn them daily till ready to pull*

Reaction score
For me it would be any type of beans or tomatoes. Cucumber have are really easy to grow, I am a bit shocked so many people have had trouble growing them. The only thing I plan to change next year is getting them to grow up instead of out. Yellow cucumbers taste just fine, I don't know what you are talking about.

Reaction score
Which vegetables are the easiest to plant and care for and why?

Although I think it very much depends of what type of climate you are growing your vegetables in - apart from asparagus which can sometimes be a little tricky - I can't really think of that many vegetables that would be considered hard to grow - but don't think you would go far wrong if you were to try any of the squash family, cucumber, pumpkin, zucchini or peppers, eggplant, chard, lettuce, radishes, potatoes ,beetroot and even tomatoes which although they sometimes need a little more attention are relatively easy too :)

Reaction score
Wow i think it's dependent on your climate and even the type of soil that's used however i think overall vegetables are easy to grow. I think you could consider bell peppers, tomato,carrots,callaloo and cucumber; i have better luck with these vegetables.

Reaction score
Which vegetables are the easiest to plant and care for and why?

you may think this is silly but I have only been gardening for 3 yrs. and find each year I am trying new vegetables to plant
so far I don't have a favorite as I find once you get into companion planting it's easy as pie to plant any thing.
like for instance don't plant tomatoes next to cucumbers as they cause blight to the tomatoes, I found that out the hard way a few years ago by doing just that . I read somewhere that you should rotate your crops, each year so I did and
was I ever surprised when I saw the white spots on my tomatoes and my neighbor told me what the cause was.
that's when I found out about companion planting,
Just type that into your address box on your computer and a page will come up telling you a list of sites that you can
check out for companion planting.
Hope I have helped some one in some small way.
signing off am

Ask a Question