DSCI0047.JPG

DSCI0050.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks zigs.I do get Boston Ivy and Virginia Creeper confused. I think Virginia Creeper has a bigger leaf. I am trying to grow Boston Ivy to come up the front of the verandah which is elevated. I've planted 2 and they are looking pretty dismal.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Saying that, I've just looked at Boston Ivy and they are very similar. Just not heard it mentioned over here.

Hawthorn berries with Lichen growing on it, the air is very clean here in Dorset, Lichens don't thrive where it's polluted.

DSCI0046.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20161003_031928.jpg
The berries look great, really bright. One of the two supermarkets we have in my town has a couple of bushes with berries and they are shaped into rectangles with their woody bases exposed. It looks good, bit different.
Found a pic of where I have planted my Boston Ivy, the one of the left is visible but a long way to go til they look like the creeper on your barn photo, zigs.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They taste nice too, make a great wine or a fruit leather :)

Just remembered the card of Lichens I got in college.

DSCI0066.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This bush is in its first year of growth, a foreigner to my garden from Southeast Asia. The common name is Orange Jessamine (Murraya paniculata) and it is just starting to bloom. These blooms are small but have a heavenly fragrance. The plant is of the Family Rutaceae and is a host plant for the Giant and Black Swallowtails. I chose a plant from SE Asia with the hopes that the predators will not know it, but the butterflies will. There is a plant native to Mexico (Choisya ternata) that is similar to this one and although it is native, it is not grown locally. I grew a Choisya last year and the predators did not bother the 4 generations of caterpillars on that plant at all. But this plant didn't make it through the rainy season and rather abruptly up and dropped dead. The Orange Jessamine is my new experiment and i hope it continues to grow well.

P1020373.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have a couple of Choisyas growing well in my garden but i I'm pretty sure I didn't choose the frgarant one i had intended to. Pretty but no fragrance. Good luck with your Orange Jessamine Beverly.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Had to do a detour on the way to work to take a pic, hill I drove up is called Badger's Glory :D

Ask a Question