What would be your dream garden feature?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just found this enchanting picture, wouldn't it be lovely to have something like this?

xJJ04.jpg

It's so creative and unique, it must be really relaxing to sit there:)

Oh, and I'd love, love, love to have a hammock like this in my garden:

hamak.jpg
I can imagine how nice it would be in that place where that lady is seated. If only it were that easy to have one like that. Extraordinary.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can imagine how nice it would be in that place where that lady is seated. If only it were that easy to have one like that. Extraordinary.
I know. It looks like a perfect place to relax. If I could, I'd go there, sit down, and look at the water while eating fresh cucumbers, green peas and radishes. It would be heavenly pleasant. Or I could just lie there and read books:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm lucky enough to have nearly an acre of yard so I have space to be a bit extravagant but I certainly don't have space for this stunning feature. I'd love to recreate something like this but it would have to be on a smaller scale
18566214903857524838916.jpg

If unrestricted what would you really like to feature in your garden?

The way we are building our house, on top of the ground the house looks like individual bungalows, the halls between the sections are located below ground. However, this gave me an interesting idea. Wonder if I can do this in the below ground halls? Have the walls and ceilings set up like this.

You know what else I would love to have in my dream garden? Jacarandas - a lot of them:D . It find them the most beautiful, the color of their flowers is stunning. They're really magical trees:D

6509816.jpg

:p A line of flowering trees that drape over like a canopy, that is how I want my driveway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Maddie, these pictures are breathtakingly beautiful!

Ever since I read Wuthering Heights for the first time, I've been dreaming about a moor, I'd love to have it in my garden...I guess my dream garden should be enormous:D

155876_wrzosowisko_droga.jpg

My personal favorite was the secret garden. The author made it sound magical. I would not mind having a hidden away garden just for myself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the Secret Garden! Even though I'm an adult now, I still read it from time to time. It would be wonderful to have a garden like the one in the book, surrounded by tall, brick walls, with old trees and billions of climbing roses:love:

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I know. It looks like a perfect place to relax. If I could, I'd go there, sit down, and look at the water while eating fresh cucumbers, green peas and radishes. It would be heavenly pleasant. Or I could just lie there and read books:)
Not to mention the enticing scent if the surroundings. Priceless!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would have to say my dream garden in general would be a aeroponic tower garden with a koi pond and cherry trees in it. I have recently become infatuated with hydro and aeroponics! Such amazing gardening ideas and in fact are more sustainable then traditional gardening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Our friend wants to do hydro. I am interested in hydro and aero, but I want to see what I can do with the land first. Later down the road I intend to work with hydro and aero also for selected plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Sorry to digress from your topic slightly. Fantasy is in one place and reality in another. Honestly I too have dreams but rather than my dreams converting to frustrations I chose to design a garden that requires least maintenance and came with this result

fullview1.jpg

My waterfall does not need much maintenance:

wtrfall2.jpg

The birdbath attracts birds of several species

bird bath.JPG

Having said that if I could own a fairy's wand this would be my dream garden with meandering paths and lush green.surroundings

creative-garden-design-ideas-nj.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
As a big fan of chess, I would love to recreate this kind of garden. :)

View attachment 7179

Looks like fun. Instead of "Any one for tennis?" it would be "Anyone for chess?" Would there be a dress code? Black or white or black and white checks or even kings, queens, knights etc!!! :)

Ask a Question