What WON"T you be growing next season?

Reaction score
With the limited gardening space I have, I have to chose what's worth my time and effort to plant each year. One plant I will NOT be allowing to go into the next season is my weigela. This was my first year planting one and will probably be my last. It was very unimpressive to me so I'll be digging it up to make room for something else.

Any plants for you that have seen their last season?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Okra. It's running out of my ears. I already have frozen 2 years worth, given a bunch away and it is still going strong

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Tough to say. My area is a bit small for all the lilies I've tried to squeeze into it. May have to remove some next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't know the answer to this question yet. I'm a very spontaneous person, I don't like making plans;) Usually, I just do what I want to do and I don't think about the consequences, so it's very possible that I'll plant more fruits and vegetables than I need:p
But I think I won't grow anything very exotic.

Reaction score
I will not be growing food. It is the biggest pain in the butt. You have to keep the animals, and bugs away from it. I just cant keep them away no matter how hard I tried.

Reaction score
I will not be growing food. It is the biggest pain in the butt. You have to keep the animals, and bugs away from it. I just cant keep them away no matter how hard I tried.

Me too. I was trying to grow tomatoes and mint in containers AGAIN, but every time I try the bugs and worms get into them and eat the leaves. I give up on growing anything edible. I'll just stick to decorative plants.

Reaction score
I don't really have anything that I wouldn't grow, I have been growing the same things for years. Mainly the mint will have to be cut back otherwise it will be the same old same old.

Reaction score
Me too. I was trying to grow tomatoes and mint in containers AGAIN, but every time I try the bugs and worms get into them and eat the leaves. I give up on growing anything edible. I'll just stick to decorative plants.
I said this in July and it makes me laugh to read it because I am in fact trying to grow herbs and tomatoes in containers again. Hopefully this time I'll have better luck with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I won't be growing any more okras. My plants were ravaged by the ants and caterpillars. :( I think I will settle for mustard, tomatoes, and potatoes next time. :D

Ask a Question