What was your first plant?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Mine was a cactus. It was given to me by my bestfriend since she adores cactus. She said it doesn't require much attention unlike other plants because I don't need to water it everyday. The cactus flower are very pretty too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My very first was a set of potatoes. I was just a kid, and my parents thought to get me into the topic by having something not only easy to grow but ended with a practical usage - consumption.

I don't know about others, some people would say floral plants. I was always into vegetables, however.

Reaction score
My very first plant was a small begonia someone gave to my mom, but I really don't think so much about it as my first plant, because I didn't really grow it. My first real plant was a purple heart one, I planted a cutting my dad got me. And from there I started to feel interested in plants in general. Before that I didn't really have any kind of interest in plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Although I hate to admit it my first plant was a weed plant. I was throwing roaches and emptying a pipe out of a window and the next thing you know. :oops: That was a long time ago. Now I'm more conventional and stick to veggies, a few flowers and anything else that crawls into my head. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Elementary school science project. Green bean grown in a cup. It got pretty bushy and about six inches tall before I dropped it while taking it for a walk.:ROFLMAO: I cried when it broke. :cry: Was hooked on plants though.:D

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
My first plant was probably a Chia Pet. Now I find it very interesting how Chia Seeds are the 'in thing' when it comes to nutrition and health. At that time I thought they were only for growing green plant hair on terra cotta molded animals. Go figure. :)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My very first was a set of potatoes. I was just a kid, and my parents thought to get me into the topic by having something not only easy to grow but ended with a practical usage - consumption.

I don't know about others, some people would say floral plants. I was always into vegetables, however.

You remind me of my cousin.. his first gardening was planting potatoes too. It is also his parents' idea so they can consume it. He planted another vegetable but I forgot what it is. He prefers vegetables over plants.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My very first plant was a small begonia someone gave to my mom, but I really don't think so much about it as my first plant, because I didn't really grow it. My first real plant was a purple heart one, I planted a cutting my dad got me. And from there I started to feel interested in plants in general. Before that I didn't really have any kind of interest in plants.

Purple hearts are very lovely ^^ It would change my views about plants too. Their color are just so vibrant and so purple.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Although I hate to admit it my first plant was a weed plant. I was throwing roaches and emptying a pipe out of a window and the next thing you know. :oops: That was a long time ago. Now I'm more conventional and stick to veggies, a few flowers and anything else that crawls into my head. :rolleyes:

I had weed too.. they're easy to grow and don't require a lot of attention. You must be a spontaneous gardener planting anything and everything that comes to mind :) That's really nice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Elementary school science project. Green bean grown in a cup. It got pretty bushy and about six inches tall before I dropped it while taking it for a walk.:ROFLMAO: I cried when it broke. :cry: Was hooked on plants though.:D

Mine also; First grade grown in one of those tiny milk containers we used to get for lunch. Wasn't one of those magic beans tho. :(

Ask a Question