what veggie`s

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Leaf lettuces (Oakleaf, Simpson's, Red Sails, etc.), green beans, sugar snap peas, English peas, starts of cauliflower. Broccoli and cauliflower are best put in as started plants at this stage.
We are in Central Texas, so take this advice and adapt it to your area. By the way, where are you? Zone and area would be a big help (not asking for your street address, just an idea of where you are gardening.)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I would try silver beet or cabbage is another good option which are very hardy and fairly simple to grow from seedlings or seeds. For a long term seed that I recommend planting. Out an avocado seed in a pot. You'll need to be incredibly patient but the eventual plant will be something to be proud of for sure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Bubbaman, you are in zone 8a, so you can plant all the vegetables I mentioned, and as suggested kale and cabbage. At this time of year, cabbage would be better from starts. All the brassicas (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower) can take light frosts, and their flavor is actually improved by a chill.
Here is a list of what to plant when for a fall garden:
http://www.gardentowerproject.com/n...en-to-start-seeds-plant-harvest#USDAZones6_10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ann

Latest Threads