What kind of flowering plants do you grow in your garden?

Reaction score
In your home country what kind of flowering plants do you grow in your garden? Do you think that it is easy to take care of this kind of flowering plants that is why you had chose it among any other kind of flowering plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have a garden, but it doesn't stop me from growing flowering plants:) My favorite are miniature roses. They're gorgeous. I love them more than anything, even though they aren't easy to grow.
I also have african violets, a peace lily, a tiny, blue hyacinth, an orchid and a miniature carnation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My list would be very long, and I do not recall all the names any more. You may see my gardens on you tube at Estherredstar channel. And my selection depends on my zone. I also have 3 acres to cover, so the variety is large, plants, and shrubs, and in the spring begins the 100,000 bulbs, Virginia blue bells and lots of woodland flowers. Some of my gardens are formed and parts of my gardens are natural with plantings of woodland flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Like Esther I have too many to name and some I don't remember there names some of my plants come from over 100 year old gardens and the names have change over the years but love each and every one of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Like Esther I have too many to name and some I don't remember there names some of my plants come from over 100 year old gardens and the names have change over the years but love each and every one of them.
Love that Fernsdaddy--the thought that your garden has plants from 100 yer old gardens. I seek out the unique and rare myself for my gardens, so some do go way back and have been retrieved by selected nurseries. Some of the fun is reading about a plant and the hunt for it, not settling for less.

Reaction score
I too have a lot of flowers in my garden but let me list a few of my favorites. My bougainvilleas are easy to grow, they come in three different colors of white, pink and lavender and they bloom 365 days a year-- but I suppose that only happens in tropical countries like mine though. I also have white orchids and some other local orchids, violets and mango blossoms.

Reaction score
I don't have a garden, but it doesn't stop me from growing flowering plants:) My favorite are miniature roses. They're gorgeous. I love them more than anything, even though they aren't easy to grow.
I also have african violets, a peace lily, a tiny, blue hyacinth, an orchid and a miniature carnation.

Like what you had said even though that this kind of flowering plant is not easy to grow, roses are also one of my favorite flowering plants because they bloom attractive, colorful and fragrant flowers. We had red and peach color of roses in our garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Like what you had said even though that this kind of flowering plant is not easy to grow, roses are also one of my favorite flowering plants because they bloom attractive, colorful and fragrant flowers. We had red and peach color of roses in our garden.
I love peach roses, they're really pretty and make me smile every time I see them. I have one, but it's dormant now, so I keep it in the attic in my parents' house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
???? it does not need watering ??? or light???
I water it once a week or even less often. It depends on the temperature. Dormant roses don't grow, so they don't really need the sunlight, but there are windows in the attic, so it's not completely dark there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am not a rose expert by any means. As my property started out to be shady, but with the removal of trees I can venture in that area. I have one rose in my shade garden, it hangs in there year after year, giving up a few flowers to mix in with the hydrangeas near. So that is the extent of my roses. Maybe next year I will add more.

Reaction score
I used to grow a lot morning glories and sun flowers, but I had stopped doing that because I thought I'd be leaving home soon. So no point in growing more plants that no one would take care of once I were gone, right?

Ask a Question