Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
1411857008177.jpg
1411857008177.jpg

Reaction score
It really looks like a chrysanthemum, is is a natural flower? Because i had never seen such a huge chrysanthemum before!

Reaction score
On looking at your flower kelly - I think I would probably be right in saying - that what you have is one of the Spider Chrysanthemum varieties known as " Anastasia " - which are extremely popular due to the fact that their flowers can measure from anything between 3 - 6 inches across :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a giant chrysanthemum. I think it's the first time when I see such an enormous flower. I've never been a big fan of chrysanthemums, but I must say that this one looks really nice:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
We call that a chrysanthemum here, too. I usually see them included in flower arrangements for funerals. :O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We call that a chrysanthemum here, too. I usually see them included in flower arrangements for funerals. :O
It's the same here, in Poland. We consider chrysanthemums cemetery flowers. This is the main reason why I don't like them too much and I definitely wouldn't want to grow them in my garden. It would be too spooky:unsure:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
It's the same here, in Poland. We consider chrysanthemums cemetery flowers. This is the main reason why I don't like them too much and I definitely wouldn't want to grow them in my garden. It would be too spooky:unsure:

I remember what you said about the poms! LOL. The chrysanthemum is definitely the one I see during funerals. They are usually white and big. They complement the anthuriums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my country, anthuriums are often used to make funeral wreaths. As for chrysanthemums, people plant them on graves. I think that yellow and white ones are the most popular here;)

Reaction score

Its the same where I live too - however although white chrysanthemums and white arum lilies are always the predominant flowers in funeral arrangements - white chrysanthemums here are generally associated with the " Day of the Dead " - and as that day - is the one and only time of year that the shops actually do have cut flowers or plants for sale and it would under normal circumstances be quite exciting to be able to buy cut flowers or plants - it is not - unless of course you actually want to have some white chrysanthemums that are associated with the " Day of the Dead " sitting in your living room :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Interesting. Thx. I bought it at a florist cuz I thought it was pretty. Was totally planning to ask what it was called and of course I walk out and forget to ask.

Ask a Question