What is your dream landscape

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Have you got a visual on what your landscape is suppose to look like? How about sharing it here.

My landscape is still not fully recognized in my head. I know I want a green lawn with trees and flowers around the trees. Scattered about the yard will be gondolas that have walls that lower to make them guest houses for when I have large amounts of people staying over. Each gondola will be completely equipped with a kitchenette, bathroom, and bedroom that can be hidden away in the floor when the walls are up. I want a line of trees down my driveway that hang over the drive like a light canopy and flowering bushes on the edges of the drive also.

I know... going to be a lot of work and expenses involved.

So what is yours?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I would love to create a series of paths in my back yard, where each would take you to a completely different garden style, always just hidden around a small bend in the path by selectively planting a series of bushes, and small conifers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My back yard:geek:
Let us see it! :D
My ideal landscape would not have grass of any kind so I wouldn't have to have it mowed. I'd love to have my back yard all covered with wood chips or gravel, except, of course, for the areas where I grow my vegetables. It would also have lots of rocks, a pond where I could grow fish to eat, a chicken coop, and a little place for a couple of pigs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Let us see it! :D
My ideal landscape would not have grass of any kind so I wouldn't have to have it mowed.

Slowly over the years we have done way with most of the lawn;). Lots of flowers, ferns, moss and gardening.

Here is my gardening online album.
View Photo Album: 2014 year 01-02-03-04-05-06

Reaction score
For me it would look something like this:

garden-ideas-white-flower-wooden-garden-pergola.jpg

I like the idea of an all white theme :) It would look so elegant with some bushes here and there! We will see if we can pull it off in the next years ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like that look also trellum. Very calming effect. I would never leave that bench if that were my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
One of my biggest dreams is to live in Venice and have a big garden on the roof of my house. I'd spend lot of time there, growing miniature roses and looking at the ocean:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
My dream landscape needs grass but I'd like to see my four gardens filled with lots of colorful long lasing, fragrant and colorful flowers. Just like the pictures shared by Jewell.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My dream landscape would be a Japanese garden in the back and a European Cottage setting in the front.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would love to create a series of paths in my back yard, where each would take you to a completely different garden style, always just hidden around a small bend in the path by selectively planting a series of bushes, and small conifers.

That's how it starts then one day every thing ends up connected if you stay long enough !

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dream garden would also have a series of paths leading to different gardens. I am still working on the rest of the idea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm not too keen on UNIFORMED yards. I like my yards a bit more wild looking. when everything looks neat and tidy, it seems fake to me. Guess I just like nature to be natural. LOL

Ask a Question