What is your dream greenhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We all have our dream home, dream garden, dream something.... How about we either explain or show pictures or blue prints of our dream green house. I will start.

My dream green house is pretty simple. When we build our dream home, it is going to be part of our kitchen. Because we are building our home round, this may be pretty simple to do.

The whole back half of our kitchen will be a bullet proof glass (much less likely to get broken especially because of the harsh winds here), there is no door or wall to separate our garden from our kitchen (we are still debating on this because of the smell factor of mulch and manure fertilizers, we may put a glass wall and door in between). It will be both decorative and practical at the same time. It is basically an indoor garden.

Reaction score
My dream greenhouse? Probably a greenhouse that is big enough :p I'm not asking much to be honest, we don't have a lost space to work with, so I'll have to get a really small one. By the way, you made me curious when you said your house will be round! Hope you can show us some pics in the future!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
OMG what a mess you have to deal with!

My dream greenhouse would be attached to the back of my house but would not be open to the kitchen. I'm thinking bugs - if there happened to be a problem I would not want it spreading to the kitchen. I've had those dirt gnats or whatever they are become a nuisance from time to time.

My dream greenhouse would be , oh well, I'll keep buying lotto tickets!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I dream big:D My dream greenhouse would look like a glass palace, it would be giant and stunning.
I'd love to have something like this just for myself:

img_1247.jpg

It's gorgeous, isn't it?:love:

This one is quite nice too:

Backyard-Greenhouse-114.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, yes:) I'm so in love with the greenhouse in the first picture that I posted. It's so unbelievably beautiful and magical. I wish I could afford building something similar.

IMG_3544-1024x682.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
OMG what a mess you have to deal with!

My dream greenhouse would be attached to the back of my house but would not be open to the kitchen. I'm thinking bugs - if there happened to be a problem I would not want it spreading to the kitchen. I've had those dirt gnats or whatever they are become a nuisance from time to time.

My dream greenhouse would be , oh well, I'll keep buying lotto tickets!
I have an 8'x6' twinwall polycarbonate greenhouse five paces from my back door.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dream greenhouse would be attached to the side of the house and I would be able to use the room to sit and have a cup of tea if I wanted to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
day_greenhouse_main_w.jpg

someday I'll have something attached to the house

I'd love something like that but it's never going to happen. We're planning a move in the not too distant future, but it will be to a smaller house, so there simply won't be space. I've got a small polycarbon one now, and when I assembled it I had to leave out some panels because there wasn't a safe area where I could use the whole kit. So the best I can hope for is that in our new home I'll have room to assemble it at full size.

Ask a Question