What fruit is in full bloom now in your part of the world?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
This is now the end of May and we will soon be into the summer months. Right now our mango tree is in full bloom so we are getting lots of mangoes. I went to an outdoor event over the weekend and at one of the stalls they were selling lots of mangoes.

What fruit or fruits are you mostly seeing now in the part of the world where you live? Maybe you are getting a variety of fruit. Later on, in a couple months from now, we should be getting plums and also what we call ackees here. Please see photos of these 2 fruits below. The first photo shows what our ackees look like, and the second photo shows what the plums look like. One of the plums shown in the photo is what it looks like when it is ripe. The ackees are always green. In order to get to the actual fruit, the outer shell has to be peeled off first.

images
images

Reaction score
Country
Canada
In East Coast Canada here no fruit yet, the apple trees are flowering but no apples until about August/September. The strawberries should be making an appearance soon though and the rhubarb is out, should pretty much be ready to harvest actually. Generally the blueberries come around the end of the strawberries. I'm not really sure about any other fruit as I haven't had the opportunity to try and grow any other type. I'd like to get a pear tree at some point, probably next year and see if I can get any good pears out of it. And I'd also like to plant raspberry plants, those are definitely on the list for next year. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what else I could plant over here that would go over well.

Ask a Question