What does your dream garden look like?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I was young I've always loved all of my Ma's gardens. Every where we lived as a kid: she always had a top notch garden that simply was to die for. But I always dreamed that my garden some day looked a little like my mom's just on a larger scale. So what does your dream garden look like??? :D

My dream sitting area

32c5ee0d28278d91e78fe7d1072eb1d7.jpg

:rolleyes::D
Perennial-Flower-Garden-Designs.jpg

26e4ec49e7e2e37b3b0cf60e87fdfad2.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those pictures are beautiful, Ashanti Duggins!

I want white roses everywhere:

g007.jpg

And white tulips:

rabata-bia%C5%82ych-tulipanow.jpg

I want as many white flowers as possible:)

27810kwiaty_cebulowe4.jpg

And a whimsical tree house:love::love::love:

treehouse11.jpg

Wow so much white. The garden you picked would be perfect for a dream wedding. Beautiful pictures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
White is my favorite color for furniture, decorations and flowers:D I like when things around me look clean, fresh and simple:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I have to say that I really like the one that @wiseowl shared. There are so many colors there that I am pretty sure I would never get bored just looking at it. It does seem like a lot of work and upkeep, though, but I will ignore that part of it for now. To be honest I have never really thought of my ideal garden, but I have always liked elements of Japanese gardens, so I would incorporate some of that. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I fell in love with Japanese gardens ever since I was Mr Miyagi's one on the first Karate Kid movie, not to mention that it was the setting of one of the more memorable scenes in cinematic history, but it looked so clean and beautiful. So a Japanese Garden would be my dream garden, I don't know if I want all the elements though, for instance, I am not so crazy about dry or rock gardens, but I would love to have a pond with koi fish or at least a water element like a water basin next to a nice rock lantern, and, of course, paths of stepping stones, on real japanese gardens those paths should include bridges over small streams bout I doubt I will ever have the money nor the space for something like that.

I would never grow tired of sitting on a bench looking at some small stone moss covered statue of a Buddha while listening to the sound of a small waterfall or feeding some huge koi fish.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the one wiseowl shared, very whimsical. My garden is to be fun not perfect order and it must have a greenhouse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Since living in Japan I've become rather enamored with Japanese gardens...I think my ideal would be something Japanese inspired.

2095441426_6eeea06c65.jpg

zz-japanese-garden-with-traditional-red-bridge-2-3_big.jpg

Traditional+Japanese+garden.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My dream garden would be 10+ acres of this:
9122202202_6637832db8_b.jpg

14678708236_e6c2c9099e_he.jpg

...with a small, crystal clear stream winding through the center of it, like these.
IMG_2716 copy.jpg

IMG_7350_2.jpg

I'd build a small shelter along the stream and it would be set up for picnicking, camping out, or spending the day photographing the wildlife around me.

Ask a Question