What Do You Make With Your Garden Produce?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I mostly grow carrots, onions, and green onions and so I make salads with these items or add them to dishes. I don't currently grow enough to sustain the family for any length of time, but I plan to grow more once I have a bigger yard. I am going to learn how to pickle my carrots eventually, and I would love to be able to grow asparagus so I can pickle that as well.

Reaction score
Whatever comes to mind. I often ate my cucumbers with some lemon and salt, that's it. Sometimes I used powdered chili, I also used them in simple middle eastern salads.

Reaction score
I have a small kitchen garden where I grow carrots coriander and onions. I find use of the produce when it comes to making a beef stew. I am planning to grow some few cabbages just to assist me in making salad when I run out of my grocery shopping.

Reaction score
We have a constant cucumber salad in the fridge during the summer. We cut up cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions, mixed with Italian salad dressing, and sometimes cooked rotini noodles. It's something you would make as a side-salad for dinner, but we just snack on it occasionally throughout the day.

Reaction score
I like to cook squash, potatoes, onions, or any other vegetable to go with dinner. I also enjoy making a fresh salad with homemade salad dressing that I create at home. There are so many delicious recipes out there to make and I'm always checking out new ones to try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I have okra plants. They produce many okra - maybe, about five to six each per plant per week. I boil the produce and eat them as is. Unlike the okras that we buy from the market, the ones I harvest taste very sweet. They are also very crunchy!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I make salad with my tomatoes or sauce for pasta and sautee squash with my squash.

Reaction score
We use our produce for mostly everything. We really like salads so we use a lot for that as well. My favorite thing to make is homemade pasta sauce! I have been very blessed the last few years with a huge abundance of tomatoes so this works out great. We can only eat so many and I hate to see them spoil so this is a great way to use them. I make a ton of sauce and basically cook most of the day and then I freeze it in smaller containers. Whenever we need it, I just take one out and thaw it. Homemade tomato sauce whenever we need it! Yummy! :)

Ask a Question