image.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Without seeing the blooms and buds and just going by the plant and leaf shape I would say it is a tomatillo. Please update your profile as to where you are located and you hardiness zone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Looks like a weed I've seen several times before. I don't know what it's called. It doesn't look like the pictures of tomatillos I googled because unlike the tomatillo it's neat and orderly around one central stem.

Maybe lambsquarters? But that picture and the ones I remember look slightly different from lambsquarters on google images so I'm not sure. If so it would be both a weed and a vegetable, since lambsquarter is an edible wild green in the same family as spinach and beets. But I wouldn't bank your stomach on it until you make sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you know what garden vegetables you planted look like and it does not look like any of them it must be something else, pull it up before it makes seeds or you will be pulling up many more of those plants..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
It looks like the weed that we call "kulitis" which is added to pig food according to the old timers. Pig food is leftover food that is cooked to make it palatable. Can be added for extenders are vegetable trimmings especially the outer part of cabbage, wild spinach and that thing called kulitis. Rural folks say that they were eating that during the war time when food was scarce. But now it is treated as weed and good for the swine only.

Ask a Question