We are finally getting the badly needed rain

Reaction score
It's Labor Day Weekend and this is the time rain pours down to the aggravation of the campers and boaters at the Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake. It will probably do this all day and I can already picture the thousands of boats headed home early since they will have nothing but grumpy kids all day. I love the rain and hope to spend a good bit of the day sitting on my new screen porch. All of the dead grass will be green by the afternoon.
20140801_121456.jpg

Reaction score
Your screened in porch is gorgeous. You're fortunate to have such a nice outdoor space to hang out in and enjoy the rain without getting soaked. Thanks for sharing your photo with us. By the way, what are you growing in those planter boxes in front of the porch?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is a wonderful looking porch for some dry rain gazing. I love the smell of a nice summer rain after it has not rained in a while. Watching thunderstorms during the summer is also fun to do if you have somewhere safe to watch from.

Reaction score
Your porch is so nice! My husband and I are talking about building one on the back of the house. I'm glad you're getting rain! It's been in the 100's here and rain is very scarce as of lately. I continue to keep my flowers hydrated and they are growing beautifully!

Reaction score
Your screened in porch is gorgeous. You're fortunate to have such a nice outdoor space to hang out in and enjoy the rain without getting soaked. Thanks for sharing your photo with us. By the way, what are you growing in those planter boxes in front of the porch?

Growing in the planter boxes (or trying to) is Swiss chard, columbine, peanuts and various volunteers. I had kale too but I got tired of messing with the cabbage worms. They were even crawling on the house yuk! Next year, I will either net them or just not put them there. My peanuts really perked up with the last rain and so did some sorrell . It's full of that stuff and I keep pulling it out. When we got the house painted we had to empty the rain barrels and move them so no water for these guys. I concentrated on the garden. There are some odd things that always come back too like honeysuckle bush, and a few tree seedlings.

Reaction score
I love that screened in porch. We used to have a screened in back porch and I practically lived out there.

Reaction score
Carolyn lovely porch you got there at least you wont have to worry about getting bitten by the bugs and mosquitoes...it's great to know that you're getting rainfall there as some persons are still experiencing boots of drought...your plants are now able to sprout and come alive...i love when it rains as my produces are just lovely and green.

Ask a Question